Rahina 21st
BY THE END OF YEAR 8
THE WRITING STANDARD YEAR
By the end of year 8, students will create texts in order to meet the writing demands of the New Zealand Curriculum at level 4. Students will use their writing to think about, record, and communicate experiences, ideas, and information to meet specific learning purposes across the curriculum.
Level 5
Purpose: To reflect upon your writing work, that you have completed in term 2
WALT: plan a reflection using key writing events that you think has helped or hindered you to write at your corrected learning level.
SC:
1. Construct a help or hindered box.
2. Participate in class discussion, listen and write down ideas.
Helped
|
Hindered
|
- Chromebook
- Read & Write App
- Teacher Lesson Plan
- Buddy Writer
- Film examples
- Work as groups
- Writing examples
- Blogger
-
|
- Lack of self-management
- Poor in Writing
- Don’t listen
-
|
WALT: write an annotated reflection showing judgement, analysis and opinion.
SC
1. Use past verbs that show mental processes i.e. think, wondered, guessed…
2. Use the Helped/Hindered box to structure your writing.
3. Must inform the audience how you improved or did not improve.
4. Must provide examples and explanation on why you became a better writer or not.
My Writing Progress Made in Term 2.
In Term 2, we were focusing on narrative writing and learning how to write a reflection, and how to write better stories using a plan.
At my old school I was not good at writing and I didn’t like writing. I would only write about 20 words a day in my writing book. I was a bit nervous at writing because if I made a mistake I would get told off by my teacher.
Now I’m at my new school Tautoro we have this tool called a Chromebook. It helps me to write longer stories like 1,000 words and I am very surprised about how long my stories and writing are. I’m not nervous when I’m writing now, even when I make mistakes, I can erase it out on my Chromebook instead of making a mess on my exerciser books.
Another thing that has helped me to write longer stories, Is the read & write app, It Is a great app It helps me to think, and I think thats good. Since I’ve had the Chromebook I have achieved some of my goals and I’m proud of that. We are glad that we have these Chromebooks because without them we would of been doing dumb Writing in our books.
On the Chromebooks we know that someone is watching over us which is our Teacher, yes she has the Teacher dashboard which means that she knows what we are doing whenever, at school and even at home. So she can tell us off if we are not on task and we will be off the Chromebook for a week. Also we can leave comments at a story and those comments should encourage the person to make a better story.
On the day we got our Chromebooks we were satisfied about it, our Teachers were so happy that was good. The other exciting thing is that we were on TV, the programme was on Campbell Live. Our Teacher told us when It was on and what channel It’s on. After I was happy to hear that I was on Campbell Live, I thought to myself: “Man, can’t believe this Is happening”.
The things I need to work on Is my listening and paying attention, another thing Is If we had our books we would of been talking and not Writing, I get distracted from people and that makes me go off task, so instead of talking to people, I should actually put more Writing into the work, I need to show leadership to the Teacher so that I can be one of the main student’s in our class and also be well know.
So I need to self-manage myself, and don’t listen to others. We think that this Chromebook Is a tool that can transform the Writing that you had in your exercise books into a Chromebook that can rub it out If you make mistakes, even when write a story, you could change your font and how big the Writing you want It to be. We like these Chromebooks because its just magnificent and is just the thing we need and also we are very confident with them and that's why we would like to take them home.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.