Tuesday, 16 September 2014

Narrative Writing

Ratu 20 o haratua 2014

Narrative writing assignment

Lesson 1

Purpose: We are making a narrative so to entertain the audience.

WALT: plan a narrative by using a simple structure.



Setting
The land of Bubblegum Jelly.
Characters
The Shortbread biscuit, the Cookery cook man and his wife Peanut Brownie and sugar soldiers.
Sequence         
1. The Cookery cook and Peanut brownie princess are baking shortbread biscuits.  Out of no where their oven door pops open and one of their shortbreads have run out the door.

2. The Shortbread biscuit runs away and the Cookery cook  and his wife Peanut brownie princess chase him down.

3. The Cookery cook is still trying to catch the Shortbread biscuit only he wonders where he’s disappeared to.  Little do they know, Shortbread man has been teleported into a land known as Bubblegum Jelly.

4. The couple unknowingly step through the same portal. They get transported into the Bubblegum land, and looking around the HUGE place wonder where they are.  Everything is brighter and smells sweeter.

5. Shortbread man is searching and looking for a silver gemstone shaped in the form of a heart.

6. Cookery Cook and Peanut Brownie Princess spot him on the hill and slowly sneak up behind him.  As Shortbread man turns - his eyes glisten in sadness.  He speaks to them and tells them his dilemma.  He asks for their help.

7.  Cookery Cook man and Peanut Brownie princess are shocked at first to hear him talk.  They then help him on his quest to locate the lost gemstone.

8.  The gemstone is heavily guarded by sugar soldiers.  They need a plan of attack.

9.  Together they outsmart the sugar soldiers, Shortbread biscuit gets the silver gemstone and they watch as Shortbread biscuit turns into the Bubblegum Jelly’s rightful King.

10.  Cookery Cook man and Peanut Brownie Princess return home.  They decide to make a big chocolate cake instead.
Exposition   
The Shortbread man is trapped in the form of a biscuit.  Has been for many years.  He’s been searching for a silver gemstone to restore him.  Cookery Cook man and Peanut Brownie princess love cooking and baking.  They live normal lives.  When their shortbread starts running out the door they start chasing.  They’re teleported to Bubblegum Jelly land where they change their minds and instead decide to help him on his quest.
Conflict
The Silver gemstone is heavily guarded by sugar soldiers who now rule the land.  It’s going to be difficult to get it back.
Climax
Shortbread man, Cookery cook man and Peanut Brownie Princess work together and come up with a plan that outsmarts their enemies in order to retrieve the silver gemstone.  They flood the area with water - watching the sugar soldiers dissolve.  Before their eyes Cookery Cook and Peanut Brownie watch Shortbread man transform into Bubblegum Jelly’s rightful king.  The silver gemstone glittering in the centre of his royal crown.
Resolution                                                
They return home and continue making yummy sugary cakes and biscuits.


Raapa 4 o Haratua




...The tale of the Shortbread man...

My life hasn’t always been like this.  For as long as I can remember, I’ve been searching and hoping to find my silver gemstone.  My silver gemstone will help me become the rightful King of this wonderful Bubble Gum Jelly Kingdom. I can feel it in the air.  Maybe this time I might get lucky...maybe this time I will locate the secret portal that will teleport me back to my homeland.

It all happened yesterday when the Cookery Cook was baking shortbread biscuits with his wife Peanut Brownie.  Somehow I came alive and jumped out of the bowl and out the door. I was running as fast as my little legs would take me. I could hear the Cookery Cook yelling and screaming for me to stop.  

“Almost there, just a little further.” I chanted in my head. I don’t know why I was chanting but suddenly my body jumped and started spinning and swirling, end over end, as I fell into this swirling dark vortex.  

When I awoke I knew immediately that I was home.

“Where is my shortbread!” Cookery Cook Man yelled into the dark spinning hole.

“I think the question of the hour is… how is your shortbread capable of running away in the first place?” asked Peanut Brownie.

“I haven’t the foggiest idea wife, but when I get my hands on him, I’ll be sure to ask” replied Cookery Cook Man.

They searched everywhere.  As they reached the crest of the hill where the Shortbread Man was last seen, they both screamed with fright…”aaaaarrrrrrggghhh”.  Like Shortbread’s experience, they tumble head over heels, spinning and swirling into the unknown vortex. The couple unknowingly stepped into the same portal which the Shortbread Man stepped into, and they are looking around the HUGE land and wondering where they are.

The Cookery Cook Man and his wife follow the track of the Shortbread Man.

“Where is my shortbread biscuit?” Cookery Cook Man quietly says.

“To be honest, my husband, I’m not sure?” Replied Peanut Brownie.

“Where are we?” Cookery Cook Man asked his wife.

“I’m not sure?” Peanut Brownie replied.

While the Cookery Cook Man and his wife are trying to look for their Shortbread Man, the Shortbread Man was trying to look for his silver gemstone which is shaped in a form of a heart. He is burning to see the silver gemstone as he knew it would change his life forever.

As the Shortbread Man was trying to find the gemstone, the Cookery Cook MAn spots him on top of the hill and he tells his wife to “shhhhhhhh.” They sneak up to him quietly, they capture him and grab him by his two arms. The Shortbread Man turns to face his capturers, his eyes start to glisten with sadness, the Shortbread Man starts to explain his dilemma and then he asks the Cookery Cook Man and his wife for their help.

The Cookery Cook Man and his wife were shocked firstly when they heard the Shortbread Man talk to them. Then they were shocked for the second time, when they heard that the Shortbread Man was a King and that he needed the gemstone to become the King. The Cookery Cook Man and his wife and looked at each other and both said “Yes, we will help you.” So they helped him on his quest to locate the lost silver gemstone.

When they went on the quest they were a bit nervous about it, as they knew that the silver gemstone is heavily guarded by sugar soldiers, they stand like statues. They need to work out a plan to steal the gemstones quietly. However all knew that sugar dissolves in hot water so they knew it would be easy to protect themselve from the sugar soldiers.
As they were just getting out of Cookery Cook Man’s wagon, they were a bit freaked out because they couldn’t believe they're actually doing it. Shortbread Man was praying to get that silver gemstone all his life. (even though he wasn’t alive for a while)  

The crew outsmarted the sugars soldiers. As Shortbread Man grabbed the silver gemstone he instantly turned into  Bubblegum Jelly’s rightful king.

Cookery Cook Man and Peanut Brownie return home safely. When they went back into their kitchen they promised each other never to make a shortbread biscuit again. Instead they decided to make a yummy big chocolate cake. Hmmm… yummy yumm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.